- AFOSR Young Investigator Award, 2017
- NSF Career Award, 2016
- One of the 2 nominees of Harvard University for Packard Fellowships for Science and Engineering 2015
- Best Student Paper Award Finalist in 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Dec. 2011
- 06/2017: Master student from ETH Meier Yannick won the Outstanding Master Thesis award, ETH Zurich for his thesis under my supervision.
- 04/2016, PhD student Masoud Badiei received IBM PhD fellowship
- 04/2015, PhD student Ariana Minot received "Runner-up for 1st Place" award in the poster session of AWM (Association for Women in Mathematics) Research Symposium
- PI, AFOSR Yong Investigator Program (YIP) Award: Distributed Coordination in Multi-Agent Networked Systems: Algorithms and Fundamental Limits, 07/01/2017-06/30/2020, $360,000.00.
- PI, NSF Collaborative Research: Towards Communication-Cognizant Voltage Regulation and Energy Management for Power Distribution Systems, 08/01/1016-07/31/2019, $221,111.
- PI, NSF CAREER: Optimization, Control, and Incentive Design for Power Networks with High Levels of Distributed Energy Resources, 02/01/2016-01/31/2021, $500,003.
- PI(Subcontractor), ARPA-E NODES: Real-time optimization and control of next-generation, 08/01/2016- 07/31/2019, $340,000 out of $3,900,000 (Leading PI: National Renewable Energy Laboratory)
- PI, Guodian Nanjing Automation Co., Ltd: Optimal Bidding Strategy and Assets Allocation Plan for Generation Companies, 04/01/2016-03/31/2018, $342,000.
- co-PI, NSF Eager: Limited Communications Demand Control in the Power Grid, 08/15/2015-12/31/2017, $225,000. (PI: Vahid Tarokh)
- PI, Lincoln Laboratory, Optimization of Distributed Space Systems, 09/01/2014-08/31/2015, $102,811.