- ONR Young Investigator Award, 2019.
- Best student paper award finalist in 2018 IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications (CCTA), as an adviser.
- Harvard Physical Sciences and Engineering Accelerator Award, 2018.
- Harvard Climate Change Solutions Fund Award, 2018.
- AFOSR Young Investigator Award, 2017
- NSF Career Award, 2016
- One of the 2 nominees of Harvard University for Packard Fellowships for Science and Engineering 2015
- Best Student Paper Award Finalist in 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Dec. 2011
- 08/2018: PhD student Xin Chen received the best student paper award finalist in IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications (CCTA).
- 06/2017: Master student from ETH Meier Yannick won the Outstanding Master Thesis award, ETH Zurich for his thesis under my supervision.
- 04/2015, PhD student Ariana Minot received "Runner-up for 1st Place" award in the poster session of AWM (Association for Women in Mathematics) Research Symposium
- PI, ONR Young Investigator Award: Real-time Distributed Coordination of Multi-Agent Systems Under Limited Communication.
- PI, NSF: Eager: Real-Time: Learning, Selection, and Control in Residential Demand Response for Grid Reliability, 10/01/2018-09/30/2020, $250,000.00 (coPI: David Parkes; Senior Personnel: Jun Shimada, Founder & CTO of ThinkEco Inc.)
- PI, Harvard Physical Sciences and Engineering Accelerator Award: Singularity: AI-Powered Distributed Energy Networks, 02/01/2018-01/31/2019, $72,500.
- PI, Harvard Climate Change Solutions Fund Award: Identifying the challenges and technical pathways toward a reliable carbon-free energy system in the United States, 01/15/2018- 01/14/2020, $128,800.
- PI, AFOSR Young Investigator Award: Distributed Coordination in Multi-Agent Networked Systems: Algorithms and Fundamental Limits, 12/15/2017-12/14/2020, $360,000.00.
- PI, NSF Collaborative Research: Towards Communication-Cognizant Voltage Regulation and Energy Management for Power Distribution Systems, 08/01/1016-07/31/2019, $221,111.
- PI, NSF CAREER: Optimization, Control, and Incentive Design for Power Networks with High Levels of Distributed Energy Resources, 02/01/2016-01/31/2021, $500,003.
- PI(Subcontractor), ARPA-E NODES: Real-time optimization and control of next-generation, 08/01/2016- 07/31/2019, $340,000 out of $3,900,000 (Leading PI: National Renewable Energy Laboratory)
- PI, Guodian Nanjing Automation Co., Ltd: Optimal Bidding Strategy and Assets Allocation Plan for Generation Companies, 04/01/2016-03/31/2018, $342,000.
- co-PI, NSF Eager: Limited Communications Demand Control in the Power Grid, 08/15/2015-12/31/2017, $225,000. (PI: Vahid Tarokh)
- PI, Lincoln Laboratory, Optimization of Distributed Space Systems, 09/01/2014-08/31/2015, $102,811.